Turkey burgers sometimes have a reputation for being bland (or gross). Adding extra condiments to the top only adds extra sugars and calories. And let’s face it, if you’re eating a turkey burger, it’s probably because you’re wanting to eat healthier. So let’s flavor up that bird with a couple quick ingredients and make it a burger the whole family will love!
In an effort to cut out some red meat or for something a little different, I would occasionally use turkey to make burgers. My boys knew every stinkin’ time and they were never too thrilled about the fact I changed the burger meat. That is, until I started using this flavoring (that I often use on our beef burgers). Now there’s no more complaints!
Seriously, 3 ingredients is all it takes (well, 2 if you don’t count the meat itself) to make previously bland turkey burgers burst with flavor!
The BEST Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 4 Tbsp. Worchestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. dehydrated onions
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill (or fry in a skillet) for 8-9 minutes on each side or until done (165°F).
Want to make that delicious turkey burger even better? Here are some simple (and healthy) variations to spice up this recipe:
- Guacamole Burger — Add some color and nutrition to your plate by laying down a bed of raw red bell peppers first. Then add burger and a couple spoonfuls of guacamole goodness to the top. No dippin’ sauce necessary with this flavorful option! Plus, it’s beautiful presentation will make your family feel like they’re being served an elegant cuisine!
- Black ‘N ‘Blue Burger — Sprinkle your burger with some blue… blue cheese that is. Serve with steak sauce.
- Holy Cheese & Grilled Goodness — Holy cheese, batman! Adding swiss with grilled onions and mushrooms couldn’t be yummier! Serve with steak sauce.
Try these flavor bursting burgers sans a bun to keep carbs down and the nutritional value high! I think you’ll find you won’t miss the bread, but will still love your dinner! Happy eating!