Bring breakfast a blast of color with these Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits. Made with fresh fruit, yogurt, and a sprinkle of granola, these parfaits are perfect for any time of the day that you need a refreshing (and healthy) food pick-me-up!
To tell you the truth, I almost feel silly even writing this post because while they look fancy, this is like the easiest thing to make! There is seriously no recipe needed for these bad boys! But I’m sharing as more to bring you a few tips in making them.
Affiliate links included in this post for your shopping convenience.
Tips to Making Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits
- If using an actual parfait glass, start by placing blueberries or granola in the bottom of the glass. It’s just much easier to spoon out of the bottom of a parfait glass than yogurt. Of course, any short glass (like a low-ball glass) or jam jar would work and be just as adorbs, as you can see from these pics.
- Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits are great group foods. Although putting the parfaits together in advance will be time consuming for you, you will look like the heroine of whatever event you’re attending when you come in with beautifully-styled individual cups for everyone. Sersiouly, have you been in line where you make your own parfaits? It does not keep a food line moving.
When making individual parfaits, I personally like to use a plain, clear plastic 9-oz cup like these from Amazon because they just seem a little sturdier. Even if you don’t need 100 of them now, I have found soooooo many uses for these cups… they are perfect for parties to serve nuts/mix and cocktails (of course), plus they make the absolutely most adorable Frankenstein-face pudding cups!
- Fresh fruit in the parfait is always best, but I have used frozen berries many many times and my family never complains! Keeping a bag of berries in the freezer is never a bad idea.
- The patriotic red, white, and blue of the berries makes this a must-have for the 4th of July. Don’t even think about skipping it. Make this a new tradition for your family on the 4th… or at any breakfast were you want to say “Look how special you are that I made this lovely food thoughtfully just for you!”
- Lastly, I know there are a million different kinds of granola you can use. But I would feel like a bad friend if I didn’t tell you that our absolute favoritest granola EVER is Nature’s Path Organic Love Crunch Premium Granola in the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter. We also really like their Dark Chocolate & Red Berries granola. But the chocolate peanut butter granola is to die for!
Putting the parfait together is as simple as layering the yogurt, berries, and granola. It’s up to you how much of each to put in. A lot of crunch, a little crunch, more berries, vanilla yogurt, strawberry yogurt… whatever floats your boat, you do it!
To make your parfait picture perfect, garnish the parfait with a sprinkling of granola topped with a few fresh berries. Then watch as your family or friends happily peer into the glass of goodness! A prettied-up fruit and yogurt parfait is happy food. You just can’t help but smile when you look at it! Try to keep a straight face, I dare you. Even if you can do it, we all know you’re smiling on the inside!
Even when pretty food isn’t a priority, these Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits have fed our family well when we’re on-the-go. So whether you’re camping, at the lake, driving to work, or out having fun… you can still get your calcium, a whole serving of fruit, and kickstart your morning with this simple breakfast!