When our oldest was about 18-months old, he would happily eat asparagus and without question. But for some reason we moved away from it. I know, I must be crazy… if the kid eats it, we should’ve been eating it all the time!
It’s been about 3 years since I made asparagus. But needing some different healthy side dish options, these fun little green spears stood up and got my attention at the grocer. I prepared it the same way I used to and it was once again happily welcomed at our table with a pleading to have it again.
Not only do I love that it’s healthy (low cal and low carb), but super easy! Lots of flavor for very little prep! That’ my kind of cookin’!
Oven Roasted Asparagus
- 1 bunch - 12-14 ounces asparagus spears
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil - EVOO
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese - Asiago or Parmesan cheese would also be good on this
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees.
- Saute garlic in EVOO.
- Wash asparagus spears. Trim off and discard tough ends.
- Arrange asparagus in shallow baking dish.
- Drizzle garlic and oil over asparagus. Turn stalks to coat.
- Bake asparagus until tender, about 18 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.