Brownie parfaits are fudgy goodness that combine brownies and pudding in a simple to make, delicious, and gluten-free dessert! Not to boast, but this creation may just be the most awesome, kid-loved treat ever! Who am I kidding? My hubby and I love it as much as the kids! Seriously, everyone loves brownies and chocolate pudding, but layer them with Cool Whip and now you’ve made a brownie parfait that’s sinfully delicious!
For the pudding portion of the recipe, well, it’s just pudding. Plain and simple. I buy sugar-free pudding and make it with skim milk. The only difference from sugar-free pudding and regular chocolate pudding is it won’t go straight to your waist! Yes, it has the same great taste! Which is great about this whole recipe… it’s loaded with flavor and only half the calories!
Just like my Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits, this recipe is so simple that besides making the pudding and the brownies, no real recipe is needed for assembly. So I’ll just be sharing a few tips to help you put these delicious litte desserts together.
How to make this Flourless Fudge Brownie Parfait perfection
- Make chocolate pudding (with pudding directions on package) in advance. Refrigerate so it can set up.
- Any fudge brownie would be delicious in this dessert. However, if you want to take out the gluten, but still have all the flavor you should try my Flourless Fudge Brownies! So good!
- When choosing what glass to use for your brownie parfaits, keep in mind that this dessert is very rich so you may want to keep your parfait small. Parfait glasses are great, but they tend to be tall which means kids may struggle getting to the bottom of it. But chances of anyone getting to the bottom is very slim. Intstead, you could use a small parfait glass, a low-ball cocktail glass, a juice glass, or even a jam jar.
- As you begin assembling your brownie parfaits, start by placing a layer of brownies on the bottom of the parfait glass. This creates a firmer base to scoop down to. And it makes it easier to get every last drop of goodness out of the glass.
- When layering the pudding, Cool Whip, and brownies, be mindful of how thick your layers are. Your goal is to have chocolate pudding as your top layer.
- Garnish with a small dollap of Cool Whip and then sprinkle with chocolate shavings. No chocolate shavings? No problem. You could also use chocolate sprinkles or mini chocolate chips to garnish the top.
- If desired, serve with fresh berries.No matter how you make your brownie parfaits, this little dessert will be a big hit!